blog blogger

How to Self-Motivate

01:12Alice's Antics


One of the things I always find hard when trying to lose weight, is that I tend to throw myself into it and then steadily slip and eventually after the holiday/birthday party/wedding is over, I stop the dieting and stop the fitness regime I've got going. To prevent this, I thought this year I would start to have 'monthly motivators'. Rather than going all out and buying brand new beautiful gym clothes or trainers, I want to prize them through the months as I reach my goals.

Not all of these goals are materialistic, a couple of my goals throughout the year are to run outside over the summer when I'm more comfortable with running and to start up yoga later on in the year to strengthen my core when I feel my fitness is much better. It's small steps but it's these which keep me motivated!

I've already mentioned my first goal is my Dad's birthday, by which point I want to be down 14lbs-20lbs. I currently have plenty of clothes and shoes, however I am a classic girl and any opportunity for more leads me to spending money as fast as you can see French Connection. So I've decided, I'm not going to spend any money on clothes or goods until I reach my first goal. At which point I'm going to probably buy a dress for my Dad's birthday to wear! Here are a couple of dresses I have in mind...


This essentially sums up my sense of dress, I love bold prints and casual shirt dresses at the moment, my two favourites are on either end above! They're so adaptable and I feel like they suit any body shape. So it is with these dresses and February 20th at the front of my mind, I will persevere on!

I can do this.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Contact Form